Sunday, October 16, 2011

Goodbye my Dearest Friend. I'll Miss You Every Day.

You were shy when we first met and I remember staring at you from head to toe. I never told you why I stared at you the way I did; I was trying to peep into the future to determine whether we'll become true friends and to know whether you'd be a great friend. I doubted you, I regretted for this when you became more true to me than I ever imagined.

You were with me day and night and make sure you were there when I needed you most. I learned the value of true friendship from you. Now that you are gone, you have made me realize that life indeed is unpredictable. I feared that you may die by drowning considering how obsessed you were with water and swimming. But, of all creation you died due to unnatural aging trauma, you aged before the time was ripe and right. Your going away has shaken my weak heart into half and I know not whether I'll be meeting you again in the next life that religions promise?

You never deserted me even when the whole world went against me; what truer companion can a man dream or ask for? You were too selfless. Life indeed is a mirage and friendship some sort of a bubble that burst into thin air on days you least expect.

Today, I regret most for not being able to tell you I like you so much when you were so much around me. Now that you are gone, these words which I meant to write out as obituary sound so hollow, empty and useless. Nevertheless, I'll write on even if you are not here to listen nor would care. I miss you so much, mucher than you can ever imagine.

After you were gone, I went kind of paranoid. I roamed and roamed like a lunatic hoping in the hopeless hope that I'd find you in some corner waiting for me.

Yes, I searched for you at every mall and showrooms in the city. I was not able to find you nor any of your brothers in those malls and shopping centers. Oh, how foolish of me to forget the truth that you were made in Thailand and sneaked into the Northeast of India through Moreh International Market.

You were a unique checked shirt that I won't be able find again in this world. I liked you and you were with me for more than ten years making sure that I study and graduate and earn my master degree too. Yes, you even sat with me when I wrote about W. Shakespeare, John Donne, Austen Jane, George Bernard Shaw, etc. etc.

You guided me even when I started earning my first coins. As for your remains, I've chosen to use you as a dirt wiper instead of cremating or burying for I am sure you'd want me to make good use of you whatever comes. My good friend rest in peace, oh, my dear checked shirt...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell, what a love story... Good one.

Christ said...

Lol! So funny

Raj said...

O Dear! This world is a motel.Therefore do not attach ur mind 2 the belongings of this motel(world).

T Khangrah said...

Hmmmm, Raj well said. I am in room no. 300103012 of that motel :-)