Friday, January 6, 2012

Gmail New Look Sucks

What will Google earn if I start using the new looks in Gmail. This is the second time Google intentionally forced me to try the new looks in Gmail. How??? After loging in bhammm.... came a pop up message urging me to try the new looks. From there the only option to go to my inbox was to accept the offer or F*** off temporarily or permanently from Gmail.
Yes, there is an option to postpone switching to the new look, which for strange reasons known only to Google doesn't work. I had to reluctantly click on the Continue to the New Look button to continue and was welcomed by a messed up inbox. To keep it less offensive, the new look sucks!


The new look templates could be intended as New Year gifts for gmail users. I tried few of the templates, liked none and had to switch back to the good simple old template.

To switch back to the old look, I clicked on Setting and choose the option Switch Back to Old Look. There Google again gave me two buttons Swicth Back to Old Temporarily and Cancel. 'Temporarily?' I got the feeling that Google is going to permanently force us all to use the new templates when it thinks the time is ripe.

If you've not got such a mail and desperately want to try the new looks, click on Setting, select Mail Settings and click on the one liner message Gmail's getting a new look soon, select Learn More. There you are.
Let me know if you find something enchanting in some of the new looks that I missed.

No comments: