Friday, March 18, 2011

India, the land of scam, corruption, fraud and poverty (Other side of the coin)

Here are my latest hobbies:
1. Hating to read the Newspaper and
2. Hating to watch my favorite News Channels on the TV

Not wanting anymore to do what you used to do but ending up doing the same in the end is really a confusing heck of a hobby. Lately, newspapers and news channels on the Television have become nothing more than a scoreboard to keep track of murder, scams, corruption, fraud, poverty and those many bad bonuses happening in the country. I prefer hundreds of black cats criss crossing my path than to pretend I am reading and seeing only good news.How long will we go on watching the same thing over and over again?

I was never good at calculations and remains the same me when it comes to math. But, I can't help gaping and glaring at the digits pocketed by scammers, fraudsters, corruptors: even a fool would know that it's a lot and lot of sweet smelling money. And hell, we still talk about India being poor. What were these defaulters planning to do with their money if they were not caught? Draw your own conclusions, but be sure that not even a penny will reach those who are struggling to earn their daily breads and the homeless who die everyday on the streets.

The gap between the have and have nots seems to be getting wider everyday. I'll get nothing pointing my finger at the defaulters and those money mongers nor will I get anything by lambasting them (actually I don't have the voice and power to do that). I still remember the day when some Members of Parliament wave wads of bank notes inside the parliament. Many eyes and ears, without doubt were opened on that day to make people realize that everything can be bought and gambled with, here in India, which we all proudly consider as our own country.

If you are new here, CWG 2010 stands for "Cash without Gaurantee 2010," 2G stands for "Too Good" to be hidden, Black Money means nothing but bank notes that have become slightly greasy and so on. The list is endless, but it's just that we all have limited memory space to store this sort of information.

Do you still find the word "honesty" in the latest dictionaries printed in India? I need to get a new one to know for myself. Human beings used to live in between Dystopia and Utopia. Looking at the alarming speed we are moving toward Dystopia, I fancy myself waking up one fine morning with horns on my head, a tail between my legs, robbed of human values.

How long will it take for leaders to act just as leaders, legislators just as legislators, Bureaucrats as bureaucrats, diplomats just as diplomats and human beings just as human beings with all humanly feelings and qualities?

Oops, I won't like waking up with horns and a soft tail. Let me be just me.

No comments: